Welcome to the official web site of the Kansas District Tennis Association! WWW.KANSAS.USTA.COM
We are working to serve you better! The purpose of the KDTA is to
promote the sport of tennis as a means of recreation, good health, and sportsmanship by facilitating league programs, tournaments, and other tennis-related events and activities. These programs are offered for adults, juniors, seniors, in addition to mentally or physically handicapped athletes.
Use this site to get latest information on events and activities going on throughout the state. Our hope is that this information will help you get involved in the great sport of tennis.
Click here to print the Local League Grievance Form
Umpire class at Genesis of Wichita
Sunday, March 9, 2014
Click for Registration Form
2014 KANSAS DISTRICT JUNIOR TOURNAMENT INFORMATION AND CHANGES
In 2014 the Missouri Valley Section and the Kansas District has restructured the tournament setup, schedule and points tables to directly reflect national level points tables. For the Kansas District there will be four (4) Futures Qualifier tournaments and four (4) District Championship tournaments in 2014. Click to read the entire release . . .
Check out a sampling of events coming up in 2014. More will be added as they are scheduled throughout the year.
USTA MISSOURI VALLEY EARLY START LEAGUE INFORMATION
Hello everyone. Exciting news coming from the Kansas district this year! The league committee has agreed to start early start leagues this coming fall. In case you have not heard, early start is just as it sounds. Some leagues, instead of starting in, let’s say, January, will be starting in October. They will still be considered 2014 leagues for sectionals and ratings, but we will start play...early! More on this to come later, but one of the bi products of early start leagues is early start ratings. The early start ratings are the ratings from this past years season, but do not include results from sectionals. The link to early start ratings is below. Also, an explanation from the USTA is below with lots more info. on early start ratings. Keep in mind, and this is important, these are tentative ratings! After sectionals, those results are included and your rating may go up or down. As always the final ratings will be out hopefully around Thanksgiving. But this gives you an idea as of now where you stand so you can start making plans for the early start leagues.
We are working now on location and dates for the captains meetings and of course will be happy to talk more about early start there. Details will be coming your way soon. Any questions in the mean time can be directed to your league coordinator Diana Christman, or me. Diana's e-mail is email@example.com
Thanks again for all of your support for USTA leagues, and I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.
Here is the link to early start ratings
USTA MISSOURI VALLEY
EARLY START LEAGUES
WHAT ARE THEY AND WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- USTA Missouri Valley Early Start Leagues are any USTA Leagues that begins play in a championship year before January 1st of that calendar year. Currently 7 of the 7 districts within the Missouri Valley Section run these types of leagues each year. This is an opportunity to utilize all months of the calendar and schedule leagues that do not run concurrently. EX: Oklahoma City’s 2014 Adult 40 & over leagues will begin in September of 2013.
- USTAMV Early Start Leagues are approved to begin any time after the conclusion of 2013 Adult & Senior Section Championships.
- Early Start Ratings must be run and published for all players participating in Early Start Leagues. Early Start Ratings are run by the section office and they are published, NOT IN TENNISLINK, but on the Missouri Valley web site Leagues pages. Early Start Ratings are run to communicate any players who may be moved up at Year End Ratings publishing.
- Players check for their 2014 Early Start Rating before committing to their early start league team to make sure they are eligible to compete at their former level.
- If players move DOWN at Early Start Ratings running, they are able to play at that lower level until Year End Ratings are published. If their Year End rating remains the same they may stay on the team they registered on in Early Start League. If Year End Ratings move them up to their former NTRP level they will be required to register on another team at their NTRP level after 12/31/2013, unless it is a combination team such as Mixed, 55 & over, 65 & over or Tri-Level.
- Early Start Ratings will be published on August 27th, 2013.
- If players are moved up a level with the publication of the Early Start Leagues and they are on a roster of a team advancing to a championship in 2013 at the lower level they are still eligible to compete with their 2013 teams. Players are allowed to finish the 2013 season at their former NTRP level as long as they have not reached the Disqualification level.
Early Start League players who are promoted at year-end to an NTRP level above the NTRP level of the Early Start League team they are registered on are required to move up to the new level by 12/31/2013 and may not advance with any team to championships at the lower level.
Check out the USTA Kansas Facebook page!
KDTA AWARD WINNERS
10 and Under Tennis Provider Award
Kristen Reith, McPherson Advantage Junior Tennis Program
Outstanding Contributor to USTA Tennis Youth Programs
Junior Player of the Year (Male)
Adult Player of the Year
Outstanding Contributor to Youth High Performance Program
Rex Coad, Wichita Country Club
Event of the Year
Joyce Ritchy, Holliday Park
USTA Jr Team Tennis Organizer
Janie Brernyer, McPherson Advantage
Outstanding Contributor to USTA Tennis Youth Programs
Outstanding Junior Tournament
Community Service Excellence
Lesli Toubassi, Maureen Connolly Brinker Foundation of Kansas
Outstanding Community Tennis Association
Ken Brown, Independence Tennis Association
Tennis Family of the Year
Jeffrey Graber, Catch It Kansas.com
Junior Player of the Year (Female)
Member Organization of the Year
John Bellah, Smoky Valley High School
Facility of the Year
Myron Pushyk, Ralph Wulz Riverside Tennis Center
Outstanding Adult/Senior Tournament
Topeka Tennis Association (TTA)
Homestead Country Club to Host 2013 US Open National Playoffs
2012 men's champion Clement Reix.
The USTA Missouri Valley Section announced today that Homestead Country Club in Prairie Village, Kansas, will host the US Open National Playoffs Missouri Valley Sectional Qualifying Tournament, June 27-30. Earlier today, the USTA announced the return of the US Open National Playoffs for the fourth year. The US Open National Playoffs will again include both men’s and women’s singles, as well as mixed doubles in 2013. The USTA created the US Open National Playoffs to expand the footprint of the US Open to cities nationwide by providing the opportunity for all players 14 years of age and older to earn a berth into the US Open.
The US Open National Playoffs men’s and women’s singles champions earn a wild card into the US Open Qualifying Tournament, held the week prior to the US Open. The US Open National Playoffs mixed doubles champions receive a wild card into the main draw of the 2013 US Open.